“We shall walk together on this path of life, for all things are part of the universe ,and are connected with each other to form one whole unity ”- Maria Montessori
Maria Montessori House of children is a true Montessori facility offering unique method of child management involving handling and educating children. At two plus children are too young for school yet old enough to LEARN. For a situation like this, a special ENVIRONMENT is created. This environment is to some extent an extension of the CHILDREN'S ROOM or NURSERY at home.
The main objective of Maria Montessori House of Children is to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment where children's growth and happiness are encouraged and championed.
Our carefully formulated materials, activities and environment provide children the opportunity to develop important attitude, appreciation, skills, ideas and habits that are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. The specific goals for the children who attend Maria Montessori activities and environment provide Performance of the Montessori children is not assessed by a system of examination. Their performance is checked on a regular basis and evalution sheets issued from time to time, finally at the term end after which a progress report is issued.
The syllabus is fixed and is so designed to progress with the pace of the child.
Syllabus for Group A [Children of age group 1.5+]
- Story telling
- Montessori apparatus to help build gross motor and fine motor skills.
Syllabus for Group B [Children of age group 2.5+]
- Introduction of pre-writing skills
- Introduction of capital alphabets with phonetic sounds
- Writing of alphabets, sequencing of alphabets
- Relating alphabets with corresponding objects and sounds.
- Introduction of shapes and numbers
Syllabus for LMH [Children of age group 3.5+]
- Introduction of small alphabets
- Sequencing of small alphabets
- Formation of three letter words
- Numbering in figure [1 - 150]
- Numbering in words [1 - 10]
Syllabus for UMH [Children of age group 4.5+]
- Recap of Alphabets
- Formation of four letter words
- Writing of simple sentences
- Simple arithmetic